I LOVE THE NEW ENTRANCE FOR DCA!!!!!!
It’s absolutely perfect.
Don’t get me wrong, I miss the letters & the fact that the golden gate bridge is gone makes me kind of sad.. But the new entrance is just beautiful. It completely reminds me of “Meet the Robinsons” which is one of my all time favorite movies so it’s all just so wonderful! I’m excited to have finally seen the turnstyles with the wall down & actually be able to take a picture of it; even if it’s only one with my droid. I seriously can’t wait to see how the rest of it turns out.. I’m so excited! ;]
- shower | nothing feels better than a great shower after a long day..
- soak your feet | yes I know you just took a shower but if you’re doing 16+ hour days @ the park your feet will thank you!
- ice cold/warm drink | obviously depending on how hot or cold it was at the park..
- pop in your favorite Disney movie | no reason for the magic to end just cause you’ve gone home!
- DON’T worry about putting stuff away | e.i. souveniors, stuff you took with you, clothes, worry about organizing all that tomorrow.
- take a pain killer | if you feel any soreness it will definitely help out how you’ll be feeling in the morning.
- drink plenty of water | chances are you might have been a bit dehydrated with all the running around.
- throw on comfy clothes | usually baggy sweats & a tee for me..
- SLEEP | chances are you’ll K.O. as soon as you get home, but if you’re anything like me (an insomniac) you might have to put effort into getting some rest; your body really needs it.
This is probably one of my favorite pictures from today.. just because I absolutely love doing the Grand Circle Tour around Disneyland! It’s our view from the train @ New Orleans Square! I had such a great time at the park today; thanks to my babes!!!!
Minnie Mouse @ Disneyland; Circa 1980’s
[Again, found this in an old photo album..]
I’m an über happy ‘disney’ camper!
I just found & set up the Disneyland park re-entry sound from the turnstyle at the main gate!!! [the little bird chirp/whistle as you walk in] as my notifications ringtone!!!! <333
I miss the letters, but I CAN NOT wait to see the new entrance once it’s finished.. I swear it has a ‘Meet the Robinsons’ feel to it.. ;]
E3 2011: Kinect Disneyland Adventures First Look
With Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Microsoft and Disney are taking you to the happiest place on earth—but without all the lines. The game’s brief demonstration, shown during Microsoft’s E3 2011 press conference, opened with a fly by of the park itself. Digital children flooded the streets of the famous theme park, all of which was rendered in a colorful, high-contrast visual style. The first section shown was hosted by two of the most gosh-darn adorable kids we’ve ever seen. They took flight in Peter Pan’s Flight, an on-rails sequence where they ducked and dodged their way through a crumbling cave alongside the title character.
A steady stream of gold coins guided them in the right direction, as well as Peter Pan’s words of encouragement. After exiting the cave, the trio swooped down low over the water and swayed side to side to dodge incoming cannon balls. By the time they reached the ominous pirate ship, we knew what was coming: Captain Hook. However, the villain’s screen time was short-lived as the demo shifted to an Alice in Wonderland segment that was a bit more involved. Instead of flying high in the sky, the kids were crammed into a pair of hamster balls, which they rolled through another on-rails segment by rapidly moving their hands up and down in front of them. The goal was to dodge numerous obstacles, including the Queen of Hearts’ sizable head.
The demo ended with a dopey fist bump from the kids as they exited the stage. A trailer for the game soon followed, featuring hoards of digital children hugging digital Disney mascots, including Snow White, Donald Duck, and (of course) Mickey Mouse. We also caught a few glimpses of a mine-cart segment that will be included as well in this minigame collection. Kinect Disneyland Adventures will be released later this year.
I honestly miss Disneyland more than anything right now.. I know I’ve gone a lot of times.. (especially recently) but it seems like it will never be enough. It’s been about 2weeks since I was last there & given that it was a short [but still awesome] visit I still feel like I need another fix. LMFAO, look at me acting like it’s some sort of addiction.. well it is, but let’s not dwell on that..
There are a few things in particular that I’ve missed the most about DL & they would include:
- The smell of cotton candy/sugar from DTD
- Quiet tram rides
- Rainy days when the park is practically empty
- Getting to quote lines from all the rides
- Soft serve from DCA
- CAPTAIN EO
- People watching..
- Beating the crowd on a ride.. especially during a show
- The Animation Academy
- Clam CHOWDAH bread bowls!
- Taking “Target Breaks” lol..
- Looking at all the artwork I’ll buy from Off The Page
- The last Grand Circle Tour train ride of the night..
- [which means going through splash mtn. & behind rivers of am.]
- Holding hands while walking out of the park.. even if it’s bittersweet.
Well yahh, I know I could go on with this list forever & it would just make me miss the parks even more.. But I just thought I’d list the few things that mean the most to me.. Of course I love the rides & I always have an amazing time.. but it’s little moments at the park that always stand out the most for me.
I know this may sound really cheesey but when I think of going to Disneyland or Disney’s California Adventure I don’t think I’m going to an amusement park. I know I’m going home.
The new additions to our “Pook-A-Looz Family”
Sulley & Donald
We got them last night just as we were leaving the park.. They were 40% off plus my 20% off from my AP so they ended up only being $6.50 each!!! I’m so glad I go these two little guys.. they are ADORABLE! So far I’ve got Fantasia Mickey, Goofy [my sister’s], Donald, & Sulley. All I need is PETER PAN & I think I might be set.. maybe.